Are you currently weighing the pros and cons of in-house vs. outsourced marketing? Making the decision between hiring a team of in-house marketers or hiring a marketing agency does not just come down to price, but rather maximum efficiency. If you ask yourself, why hire a marketing agency? Think about the time you would gain back to focus on your business to manage internal operations and external opportunities, while us ‘bees’ do the work!
Marketing agencies allow for a broad cross-section of experiences of staff working in an “ASAP” environment. At beMarketing, team members lean on a number of peers and department leads with diverse expertise in the digital, web, graphics, and content, which can lead to approaching a problem with a unique perspective to drive results in a powerful way.
Having worked with clients in a variety of verticals over the years, I’ve had many clients say they wished they had made the ‘agency decision’ sooner. I’ve also witnessed my teams at several agencies excel under pressure, quickly assess market trends and use those benchmarks to make rapid business decisions objectively and strategically for our clients to maximize ROI.
Here’s a ‘why hire a marketing agency’ checklist from my perspective as a Senior Account Executive at beMarketing:
- You get a team of marketing expertise for one fee! Your right arm becomes a powerhouse of diverse experiences to drive your business forward. No need to hire an entire department!
- You maintain efficiency among your existing staff and can spend more time internally on operations.
- You gain access to the latest technology and tools for reporting, analysis, and strategy.
- Competitive pricing – agencies can leverage vendor relationships!
- Agencies are paid to perform and be accountable for results. The daily objective is increasing performance plus results while keeping ongoing projects on deadline and budget. That’s operational efficiency!
If you’ve asked yourself, does it make more sense to hire a marketing manager on your team to handle ‘all the marketing’, or is it more efficient to hire a marketing agency that can help you?
- The primary advantage of hiring in-house is that they’re on your team!
- When your employees are immersed in your company culture they learn all of the intricacies of your products and services.
- When you hire in-house, you’re getting a person or people who will be focusing on your company every working hour of every day.
- Having an in-house team makes it easy to communicate and ensure consistency in the look, feel, and messaging of every single marketing piece.
- However, the smaller the marketing team, the heavier the workload! Priority items can often get delayed or take much longer than anticipated and fresh ideas sometimes have to be placed on the back burner. Take it from me, former “in-house”r” right here 👈!
beMarketing has ‘a hive’ of graphic designers, copywriters, web developers, digital analysts, and client service account managers. As a top advertising agency in the Philadelphia region, we’re here to help. If you’re evaluating agencies, check out our portfolio and our marketing blueprints for go-to-market success, or give us a ‘buzz’!
Candace Cook, Senior Account Manager