Keep Your Business Healthy, Customers Engaged and Site Traffic Growing During the Coronavirus Quarantine
This is a stressful time for so many people, and while everyone is worried about their health, small business owners are also worried about the health of their business. No matter what industry your business is in — hospitality, non-profit, retail, home services, etc. — you need to be proactive NOW to ensure that your business is healthy later. Here at beMarketing, we pride ourselves in being digital marketing experts across a wide variety of industries, so we want to help as many small business owners as possible during this dire time. That’s why we’ve come up with ways to keep your business healthy during the coronavirus quarantine — because even though you may be quarantined, your business doesn’t have to be!
People are Pulling Out of Physical Places, So Push These Campaign Ideas Instead
Unfortunately, the reality right now is that people are not going out for meals, groceries, workout classes, events, etc., but this doesn’t mean that you can’t have your business be top of mind for current and new customers — you just need to implement smart, digital marketing tactics, such as:
- Gift Card offers: Offer customers the opportunity to spend $50 and get $5 free — this will give them incentive to purchase NOW.
- Referral bonuses: Offer this to previous customers via an email campaign to promote brand awareness and show your customers that you care.
- Branding campaigns: These will highlight what separates you from your competition and can target people who are searching for services you offer within 5 miles of your location. So you can keep your website’s traffic busy…even when physical locations aren’t.
- YouTube Video campaigns: Increase customer engagement with video content. Just be sure to share an offer or one of the things that makes your business unique during your video to provide incentive for your customers to take action.
- Custom email campaigns: During times like this, people want to be informed and they want transparency — a custom email campaign can do both!
- Waive shipping fees: The truth is: people are shopping online right now, so how can you be sure that they are choosing to shop with you and not your competition? Waive shipping fees. Chances are, your customers will remember that you did this long after the coronavirus has fizzled out.
Posting on Social Media is the Perfect Cure for Keeping Brand Awareness and Engagement Alive
If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve been cooped up all day (if not for a few days), and we want you to know: you’re not alone! You’ve also probably found yourself scrolling through social media for information, interaction and entertainment, and you’re also not alone there. Social media is a great tool to help bring people together, and when you create the right types of content, your business can be the one that people turn to.
Our content team has come up with some potentially viral (in a good way) content ideas for this time:
- Host a mixology lesson or cooking demo via Facebook live
- Share trivia questions related to your industry (or not!) and offer a gift card or swag to randomly selected winners
- Fitness instructors could host virtual classes via Google Hangouts or Skype so people can still get their work out in at home
- Create a video (or go live) to share an industry tip or activity that might help your customer base or help people become familiar with your company. For example:
- Teachers: Share creative activities using common household items
- Accountants: Share how to make a home budget
- Interior decorators: Share some quick DIY project ideas
- Contractors: Share how to tell that windows/roofing/siding need to be replaced
- Realtors: Share some simple “walk through ready” ideas
- Auto salesman: Share knowledge about various lights on dashboards, give a tech tutorial or even a features review of a new car model
Remember: Just because you may be quarantined doesn’t mean your small business has to be! In fact, we want you to think of this as your business’s opportunity to branch out of your normal practices and get creative — and the digital marketing experts at beMarketing are ALWAYS here to help you keep your business healthy. Contact us today!