First of all, thanks so much for all your notes about my return to work this week. Things are going well so far. But man, I forgot how SLOW weeks go when you are at work. Are we SURE it's not Friday?
But the month of April went fast. I enjoyed some beautiful weather (though it's hard to imagine at the moment, this week has been terrible!) and I read a few books: The Husbands Secret, Fear Nothing and A House in the Sky. I gave 4 stars to all 3 books. A House in the Sky is a memoir about being kidnapped and held in Somalia, so that was a tough book, but good. The other two were much lighter reads and hard to put down. ALSO, I met my 2014 Reading Challenge ha ha- so I guess I aimed too low. I think I will add to my goal a bit :)
Here is how I did with my April goals:
1. Organize and simplify. I guess. I put away Max's winter and newborn clothes and donated some of my own clothes. I still just feel like I have so far to go on this goal. But I suppose I did do all my individual goals within this, simplification will always be a work in progress for me.
2. Attend at least 4 yoga or pilates classes. I think I did 2 classes this month until I found out I had diastasis recti and I haven't done anything yoga or pilates since. I'm not totally clear on what I can and can't do so I just haven't even attempted yet.
3. Run 2 Miles. Yup, I can definitely run 2 miles in a row now :) AND I actually got on a bike… once, but still.
4. Try a new restaurant. I actually don't think I did this one… but I went to some old favorites.
5. Be in the photos. I did better with this, but I want to keep up with it. Basically I have Caroline to thank since she took lots of photos of us down the Cape. Have I mentioned how great it is to have a very talented photographer as a sister?
As for May, I don't have any specific goals in mind. I basically want to stay as calm as possible, fit in as many workouts as possible, and try my best not to throw a hissy fit in the pumping closet at work… ha. I would like to enjoy my more limited time with Max, and enjoy the end of the year with my great group of students. Oh, and try not to over schedule my weekends… which already might be a fail. I'd also like to wear summer clothes, but I suppose that one is out of my hands...
What was your favorite part of April? Being down the Cape was definitely mine :)