I LOVE when Lisa does her monthly Music, Books, Miles and Looks of July post. I decided I would steal this and do it this month too since I never got around to creating July goals, oops.
I am currently obsessed with the song Why You Wanna by Jana Kramer. I clearly can't relate to it right now, but I love the lyrics AND the beat and it's one of those songs I just find myself belting out in the car. Yes, you should really not drive with me.
I also love the song Cowboys and Angels by Dustin Lynch. Again, belting this out in the car is great. Yes, I spend a lot of time in the car during tutoring summers.
Drink In My Hand by Eric Church really needs no explanation. It's just fun. That is all :)
I read 5 books this month yay. Here they are:
We Need To Talk About Kevin
This book was written from the perspective of a mom of a school shooter. It was definitely interesting, as well as depressing throughout. I read this while on vacation and it was not a good vacation read, but it was a good book. I liked the ending (even though of course it was depressing) but it surprised me which I liked.
I finally finished the Hunger Games trilogy and amazed many people with my ability to spread them out so much haha. I really liked all 3 books and I even liked the ending even if it wasn't necessarily what I wanted to happen as I was reading. Eric read all 3 books before I finished this one and he didn't like the ending so I think my expectations were also low :)
Fifty Shades of Grey
Go ahead and judge me, I realize this is not quality literature. However, in my defense, I really just had to know what all the hype was about. Also, I read it with some friends at work so it was fun to talk about. I have to say it actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Again, not quality literature but definitely a page turner. However, I don't plan to read the second and third books but I did look up what happened during them. I was curious!
How to be Lost
This was a great book about a family who lost a child and the effects on the family afterwards. I really liked the characters and was always wondering what would happen next. I think I read this book in like a day!
Another great read this month and also super fast. This is such a crazy, amazing story. As Lisa mentioned in her review, there is quite a bit of religion in this book but that didn't bother me and I imagine that was pretty much the only thing that got this couple through some of the very hard times.
Since I got Map My Run app on my phone, I've done 57.6 miles run and bike combined. It's probably closer to 70 since I did some while I was away and before I got my app. Still though, it's kind of fun to have it all documented. I'll have to see how I do next month to see if this is actually good for me or not, ha ha. Overall I'm really happy with how my training has been going since I returned from Seattle/Vancouver and hopefully I'll be able to pick it up even more in the month of August.
I'm currently all about the bright shorts and sunglasses, pink and green specifically...
Sometimes pink sunglasses and green shorts together.
Goals for August
Getting back to the goals for August, here is what I am hoping for:
1. Read 5 books. This month I decided to up my year long to 50 books instead of 40, so I have to step it up a bit in the next couple of months. I'm hoping to get through at least 5 books this month.
2. Incorporate abs or yoga twice per week. I know I won't make it to yoga both times, but maybe yoga once and abs once? Basically I just want to do something other than swim, bike and run :) We shall see if that happens.
3. Foam roll daily. My knee has been handling all this training well but my calf has been really tight. That's all fine but I know it will eventually affect my knee if I don't keep up the foam rolling religiously. So I will.
4. Spend 3 days per week not thinking AT ALL about work/school. When August rolls around I immediately get into psycho teacher mode and I don't want to waste away half of the summer in this mode. Therefore 3 days a week I will not do anything (yup even you pinterest) related to school. If I have to tutor that day, obviously that is fine but no classroom stuff.
5. One post on the family history blog. I've been slacking on that and need to get back into it.
What are your music, books, miles and looks of July? What are your goals for August?