May came up fast this year. Let's hope for a good one, I think it may be a blur too!
April Goals Recap
1. Read 5 Books. Well, almost. I read 4 books definitely but then I've been slacking on the 5th book and it's probably going to take me a few more days to read. I could tell I wasn't into it from the beginning so I should've just given up and started something I actually wanted to read. Oh well, I didn't. I read The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society, Winter Garden, The Fault in Our Stars and The Bungalow. I loved ALL four of those books. I am now reading The Dry Grass of August- it's not terrible but I'm just not super into it. I was hoping it would be like Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt and/or The Help but sadly, it just not doing it for me. Hopefully I can just power through and finish it soon!
2. Post twice on my family blog. Check. As I have mentioned before, I started a family history blog to chronicle stories from my family and post some old pictures I have scanned into my computer. I wrote a post on Aunt Yvonne, who is actually my grandmother's aunt. She was the first woman officer to work in a bank back in 1926, and she retired 3 times before finally actually retiring at age 79. Her favorite thing about her first retirement was getting to go on lots of trips- I wonder if that is where I get my trip loving ways! My second post this month was about my own grandfather, who I called Pops and my own memories of him. It's been a lot of fun learning more about my own family members and posting them for other memories of my family to enjoy.
3. Enjoy small moments. I did enjoy some small moments this month and I tried very hard to appreciate the calm moments. However, I do feel like doing this all the time will always be a work in progress. It was especially hard some moments this month when work drama just overwhelmed my mind!
4. Register + train for sprint triathlon. I registered and I trained, so let's hope that pays off. If not, I had fun training, so that's always good.
1. Fitness Goals: Finish sprint triathlon. Build up to swimming 50 laps. Get to yoga at least once. Yes, I aim high on the yoga front- I have to get myself there.
2. Figure out summer plans. Eric and I have quite the crazy summer coming up, lots of weddings and some short and long trips. I really need to get my tutoring stuff squared away so I can fund said trips :) I also need to finish planning those trips.
3. Read. I'm not aiming for a number this month though 4 would be nice. I now realize how much I read is directly related to how much I like the books. So with that, I will also put down any book I am not enjoying.
4. Host or Plan a Party. It's been a bit of time since our last party. I think I may be hosting a work get together at a my house, and I may start planning myself a birthday BBQ for June. We shall see, I get lots of ideas in my head that I don't follow through with. Maybe writing it on here will make me!
What are your goals for May? How did you do with April?