It's time for April, yay! I am not a fan of March so I'll take April any day.
March Goals Recap
1. Run, spin and swim one time per week. Run and swim, check. Spin, no. I did go to spinning twice, but I haven't dusted off the bike yet. See April goals :)
2. Read 4 books. Check. I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Violets of March, Memory Keeper's Daughter and The Hunger Games. I loved the last three and did not love Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close...
3. Do 3 fun things around Boston as part of the I Love Boston Project. Somehow I actually managed to pull this off. I went to a college hockey game, tried a new restaurant and went to a Second City show in Boston on Friday. I'd like to do a bit better than this in April but I actually think there is a chance I will since I'll be on Staycation in April and I don't have 3 showers and an engagement party this month, celebration!
4. Get my passport for Canada this summer. Check. Well, I don't actually have the passport in my hand, but I organized all my stuff and sent it off a few weeks ago. They received it so I figure it's only a matter of time before I get my new passport, wahoo. I also booked my plane tickets to Seattle so I'm in good shape as far as our summer trip is concerned. Well, except I'm now broke...
5. Make two new recipes. Oops. I tried one recipe I found on a blog and it failed miserably (though I recovered thankfully). Oh well, new recipes are overrated.
1. Read 5 books. Yup, I'm aiming high this month but I need to jump start my reading. I did manage the four books in March but I was already halfway through one of them and I still can't believe it took me almost two weeks to read The Hunger Games when most people read it in like a day. Plus I just have so many books I want to read right now!
2. Post twice on my family blog. I think I've mentioned before I started a blog to document my family history- mostly stories from my grandmother, or anyone in the family who will give them to me. Whenever I start editing/writing posts I love it, but it takes a little motivation to carve out the time so here it is, two posts by the end of April.
3. Enjoy small moments. My principal would not be impressed with this goal since it's not measurable, but unfortunately she can't boss my home goals :) I've lost more than one person I love in the month of April, and what better to celebrate their wonderful lives than enjoy it?
4. Register + train for another sprint triathlon. Yup, it's been almost 3 years (HOW?!) since I did my first sprint triathlon, it's about time to do another one. I've convinced some friends from work to join me so it should be fun. It's not until May, but I'll need to up the training a bit this month. This also means I really need to get a tune up on bike, so that can be another goal within this one.
What are your goals for the month of April?