I'm a bit late to the party this week, but I just can't seem to get much other than work accomplished Monday-Thursday. I guess that is the price I may for my Fridays off. A price that is well worth it, I may add.
You must know the Wine and Love drill by now. If not, too bad :) I know you guys are all smart so you'll figure it out.
1. My kiddos are getting sick of tutoring right now and I really don't blame them. Tutoring is a good job, it pays well and you can see the kids make a lot of progress. Even though I try really hard to make it fun (and I think I do a better job than most), it's still extra work they don't want to be doing. Ideally, both I and all of them would be going away next week so everyone could take a break- but I decided to take my vacation in a few weeks so, they are just going to have to deal with me for a little while longer :)
2. I've finally started working on my wedding album (yes, 1 year later) and I was going through pictures on shutterfly (I decided to use that instead of my DVD because the DVD takes longer to load). Well, apparently I uploaded all my photographers pictures except for oh like 5 or 10 which are just randomly not there. WHY? I'm telling you this always, always happened during wedding planning to me. I'd put people on the guest list and they would disappear. I'd have someone's address and BAM it would be gone. I would think I confirmed with the hair person and then she would say, no, we never talked about this. Etc, etc. So happy wedding planning is over :)
3. Social events at the same time. Sure, there are times when it's sort of convenient to have two events at once, mainly when you don't really want to go to one haha. However, this Sunday I have my cousins bridal shower at the same time as one of my friends is having an ice cream sundae birthday party. I'm excited to see all my family at the shower and hang out at my grandmother's house, but I don't pass up ice cream sundae's easily. It should also be mentioned that this same friend had a similar birthday party when we were in elementary school and I may or may not have gotten sick from eating so many delightful treats back then. Hmm, maybe this two events conflict for a reason...
1. I genuinely love all the kids I'm working with this summer- which of course makes it harder to torture them, but it does make the time more enjoyable. One of the kids I'm working with LOVES Red Sox stats. It's been a lot of fun to "have to" (for the job that is, haha) get back into all the details of the Sox that I haven't had time for the past couple of years. Last weekend our manager won his 1,000th game, one of our pitchers (Tim Wakefield) got his 2,000th strike out. This week David Ortiz hit his 1000th RBI, a grand slam! Also, Dustin Pedroia is currently in the midst of a 25 game hitting streak. Since I'm really not a math person, it's all a bit challenging for me but it's fun to try to keep up with him. Maybe you wouldn't understand unless you have also attempted to keep up with the Star Wars and Pokemon crazes- I do my best but I just have NO interest what-so-ever in those two topics of conversation haha.
2. Long weekends. I really just love them. What more can I say about that?
3. Beating a food rut- or at least trying. I have been in a total food rut for awhile, but not really in the mood to cook and try new recipes. Last weekend I ate at some really awesome restaurants at the Cape with my parents (I'll review them soon, I took a lot of pictures). Then, this week I got newly motivated to try new recipes and by try, I mean bookmark like 10 recipes from Eat Live Run and Peas and Thank You. So I WILL be trying them soon. I'm just happy that my motivation has returned.
How about you? What is your wine and love this week?