Thanks to Nora for bringing us yet another week of Wine and Love...
1. This week I wished I was the type of person/teacher who just said f-it in the summer, and enjoyed life instead of slowing torturing myself with one annoying summer job after another, always hoping somehow I will find that perfect balance between working too little and working too much. And that maybe, just once, I'll actually enjoy something I do in the summer while also making money.
2. Progress reports should not be required in summer school. They told me my job was only to make sure the kids don't regress, not necessarily to make progress (of course I thought they've make progress but frankly, that was before I saw the group, no one is actually independent enough for me to even find out if they've made progress). So, if that's my job, why am I being asked to report on their progress? I don't get paid enough for this.
1. Nothing says summer to me like lobster so when my mom texted me the other night that she had extra lobster and would I like to come by and get some, I was immediately in a better mood.
2. I had a good week on the workout front. This morning Eric and I hit up the track and did some sprints and now I am nice and sore. Love it. In case you were wondering, no, I cannot keep up with Eric sprinting... his legs are much longer than mine haha.
3. Weeknight dinners out are the best. Eric and I went to dinner with Katie and Adam on Tuesday night this week and it was definitely the highlight of the week. It feels like a weekend to me when I'm drinking wine on a Tuesday.
I do like my job, but I find my "wines" are often about it. I disagree with the quote about finding something you love and you'll never work a day in your life. Work will always, no matter how much you love it, have things about it that are frustrating and just the fact that you have to do it will be annoying sometimes. Sometimes I think it's good though, it makes you appreciate the moments when you don't have to do anything and you can just enjoy time with wonderful people. That's my optimistic view on it anyway- must be because I have a 3 day weekend ahead of me!