A list of my top moments of 2010... in order of time, not importance :)
1. The first time I saw the beautiful Red Rock of Sedona. It was like nothing I have ever seen before, with a small hint of my beloved Australia.
2. Exploring the red rocks. Eric and I took a couple of really cool hikes into the red rocks. We also went on a "Pink Jeep Tour" which was a thrill in itself, though the views made it the most amazing.
3. My Bachelorette Party. My sister and my best friend worked their butts off to give me the best bachelorette party ever. Friends have always been a big deal to me (blew all my money on them in a sixth grade adolescent issues aution, in hindsight I probably should've considered buying myself some more money or at least a career, but hey!) and I've spent a lot of time picking the very best friends I could ever want or need. Therefore, it was a very special moment in my life to have most of my friends in one place.
4. Our Rehearsal Dinner Day and Night. I'm not going to lie, this was definitely a stressful day and I was really nervous all day, mostly about how my stomach was going to handle the next day! However, there were some amazing moments in this day that have to be recognized. The rehearsal dinner itself was just what we wanted; amazing people, amazing view and a gorgeous view of the ocean. Also, we got to listen to Katie's amazing speech (for more details click back to my rehearsal recap) and watch a slideshow created by Tiff of pictures of us. At the end, we got to head to the Welcome Party to see tons of people. Probably my only regret from the wedding is that I did not enjoy this day more because I was just antsy to get to the next day. But you know me, I don't do regrets so life goes on.
6. The Day After the Wedding . I know, I know, enough moments about the wedding already, but I think I might be in the minority when I say the day after the wedding was amazing, so I'm gonna say it. I loved eating breakfast with friends at the hotel, going over to Eric's parents hotel to recap the weekend with them, going back to my parents house to recap the weekend with them, tailgating at our own house so Caroline could take a picture of Eric carrying me over the threshold. Awesome.
7. Swimming with the manta rays. Still 6 months later I can't find the words to describe this experience except for absolutely zen. Ask anyone who knows me, I don't find zen easily- I get impatient in yoga class and getting my nails done and yet, in the cool Hawaiian water with giant manta rays swimming all around, I cared about nothing else in the world.
8. Helicopter and Hike the Volcano. The volcano was definitely the second coolest part of our honeymoon. Between the doors-off helicopter experience and the hike into a volcano, this is definitely one of my top moments of the year.
9. Crossing the 5K finish line with Eric . Obviously it meant a lot to me that my knee allowed me to run again towards the end of this year. But it meant even more that Eric decided to put aside his dislike of running and actually start to enjoy running with me. Wahoo! I'd also like to add all the times that Eric and I walked or ran around the reservoir near our house, beautiful.
10. Gingerbread house making with the kiddos. This was one of those instances where you do something for someone else and it ends up being the best for you as well. Like I always say, in the day to day teaching can be the most annoying, non-rewarding job ever... but once in awhile something happens and you are like, oh yeah- this is why I do this.
There were many other top moments this year, and overall it was a good year :)
What were your top moments this year?