The past couple of weeks my mind has been 100 percent in kindergarten. So much has been going on at work that I've thought of little else. However, I need to because guess what?
My Wedding is TWO MONTHS from Today!
Total crazyness! How did it even get to this point? When you get engaged a year and seven months from your wedding date, it doesn't really feel like you'll ever get to two months away, but here I am! Probably before you know it I'll be at 1 month.
So where are we with the wedding plans?
- We picked out my wedding band last weekend. Eric already has his because his Dad made it. Cool huh?
- Ordered a really fun wedding cake topper. Can't wait to show it to you guys when we get it!
- Music. Music. Music. I love music, so why am I finding it to be one of the hardest parts of wedding planning? Right now for the ceremony I'm leaning towards the Moms and Bridal Party walking down to an instrumental version of either True Companion- Marc Cohn, or Once in a Lifetime Love- Alan Jackson. I might be walking down myself to Here Comes the Bride because why not do something traditional? Still need a Recessional Song. Some ideas include...Love You Outloud or Life is a Highway- Rascal Flatts, All You Need is Love or Here Comes the Sun- Beatles.
- Of course music also continues into the reception. We have known our first song forever but there are still introductions and the song for the cake cutting- totally up in the air on this one too!
- Made some updates to the ceremony this weekend and I am almost finished putting together the application for our officiant who will be getting a 1 day license to marry us in the state of MA :) Currently debating if my second reader will do the Velveteen Rabbit reading or an Irish Blessing (or will I have a third reader do this...too many readers?)
- I picked out my shoes. Yipee, no more shoe shopping!
- I am officially back to the weight I was when I got measured for my dress so it should fit perfectly now. Thank you Edy's portion controlled ice cream!
- My mom is working on our invitations and they will go out...today? My future mother in law is working on our RD invitations. Wahoo, I am not doing any invitations!
- Oh ha...I decided to invite my students to my ceremony. I know a lot won't come because it's far away, but if they come I know they'll love it, even if it's a bit chaotic. Clearly I teach kindergarten so I'm not scared of a little chaos.
Goals of this week = finish application for officiant, water bottle labels, and finalize music once and for all...maybe I'll just put songs I like in a hat and pick one? haha.
What's your favorite song played at weddings?